sixteen random things about myselfDirections: Once you‚'ve been tagged, you have to write a note with 16 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them.
no tagging, do it if you want. i'm doing it cause i like talking about myself. *nod nod*
1. i attended an all-girl's catholic highschool for my five years of highschool. which is rather amusing looking at my current life. i argued about it and didn't want to go because i was starting to get into boys by that time, but my mom insisted i go for at least two years and i could switch in grade 11. i was so intent on switching, i picked up all the papers for the local highschool during the summer between 10 and 11 and filled them out. i wound up not switching because the public school only had 2 years of computer courses while the catholic school had 3. looking back, being in a single sex environment was probably in my best interest at the time.
2. i played amateur competitive paintball for about two years. we didn't place badly most of the time. my team had the novelty of being one of the few with a girl on it.
3. even being vegetarian, i'm really not that interested in cooked vegetables. lightly stir fried is good. raw is best.
4. i get cravings for kentucky fried chicken. yes, grease and all. if i ever fall off the vegetarian wagon, it'll be for KFC. and i'll probably regret it when my stomach and intestines rebel violently.
5. my mother liked horror movies when i was a kid and for some strange reason, subjected my little sister and i to them. my sister liked them, i'd have horrible nightmares for weeks. for some reason, horror movies were ok, but any movies showing the littlest bit of sex were fast-forwarded. and around aged 14, i started watching horror movies all the time and they're now one of my favourite genres.
6. i have a weakness for cheese. except for most blue cheeses, i'll try any cheese and probably love it. this is probably the *only* reason i haven't switched to being vegan because vegan cheeses suck. if i just used cheese as a topping on pizza or other dishes, i could have acclimated to it probably, but there's something about a good smoked gouda, some herb crackers and a bottle of wine that makes me want to die in pure happiness.
7. i have a pair of black sneakers with zippers on them. they remind me of michael jackson's zipper jacket.
8. i skipped grade 2 due to being in advanced kindergarten and grade 1 classes and then switching schools right after. plus having a love of learning and an ability to pick things up quickly. my grade 1 teacher used to give me all sorts of extra curricular projects to research and make presentations on just to keep me busy because i was far too advanced for the class.
9. i've had my tonsils, wisdom teeth and appendix removed.
10. when i was 11, i had braces on my teeth to correct a bad overbite that was wearing down my front teeth. i had to wear a plate that spread my top palette apart and it was some of the worst pain i went through as a kid. but even after three years of braces, i have a crooked bottom tooth that really bugs me, only because i had braces and that one shifted afterwards. i'd like to get it fixed so it's straight. it's really minor though and most dentists look at me like i'm crazy when i say i want it fixed.
11. when i was in kindergarten, i wanted to be a taxi driver when i grew up. while it's a kid's dream at the time, when i was in grade 12 and considering an option to go to college or spend another year in highschool to prepare for university, i looked into the transport truck driver program at the local college.
12. i have a four inch scar on the inside of my arm that starts just past my wrist. some have commented that it looks like a botched suicide cut. in reality, it was from a feral cat i tried to pick up when i was 6. it has not faded in 27 years.
13. i started playing world of warcraft because parasubvert
was frustrated that i was playing five year old diablo 2 too much. i tried to avoid it because i really wanted to stay away from online games due to the addictive factor of them. three years later... um... oops.
14. i've had four pet hedgehogs over the years: d'argent, twinkle, booja and snowball.
15. my cats are named after gods of mythology. bast is named for the egyptian goddess of cats and rhiannon after the welsh goddess of the home.
16. when i got out of highschool, i applied to my local university for computer science, english and law. i was accepted into all three. i took comp sci and a minor in music with the plan to do electronic music composition. after a year of having a difficult time managing both CS and music, i dropped music and was planning on doing video game programming. i dropped out of university after three years. for the next three years, i worked as an html coder, website designer and secretary. i went back to university to finish my CS degree, but due to having experience a cyberstalker, took a minor in law. this time i actually graduated with my CS degree and a strong background in law, general forensics, computer forensics and forensic anthropology.Current Music:
platinum blonde - animal